Dr John Mervyn-Smith
John is supporting the development of Pantheon Leadership, Per Ardua Associates’ Leadership Consultancy business with a particular focus upon leadership assessment and development.
He has been assessing senior leaders for selection, succession and development for leading organisations for 30 years. He has a reputation for considered judgment, insight and rigour when it comes to assessing individuals and teams, pragmatism when it comes to coaching and development.
John was a PhD scholar a London University before training as a clinical psychologist in the NHS. He moved into the world of organisational psychology and held director roles with Kiddy and Company and Kaisen Consulting before setting up the Oxford Consulting Group. From there he established Misura Consulting and, more recently, The GC Index.
He has been a guest lecturer/presenter on numerous occasions for organisations and institutions that include: The IOD, INSEAD, The Cranfield School of Management, AMBA.
Recent books/articles include:
- ‘Coaching me Coaching you..’ co-authored with Nathan Ott (2018)
- Embracing Multi-Dimensional Leadership’. Community.MBAworld.com
- The DNA of a Game Changer’ (2016 )}‘The formula that breeds confidence ’. http://dialoguereview.com/formula-breeds-confidence/
- ‘There’s no such thing as the perfect candidate’. FT
- ‘The art of coping under pressure’. FT